Saturday, February 25, 2017

Is an A- an "Asian F?"

San Francisco based psychotherapist Nicole Hsiang, LMFT blogs about the "Shadow Side to Being an Asian American Over Achiever." Unfortunately, it's also one of the reasons a segment of my private practice is providing psychotherapy to adolescents at competitive bay area high schools who experience academic distress (e.g., I've learned from some of my teens which train tracks are notorious for finding a quick end) and those who identify with Asian values of saving face (e.g., I'm currently working with someone in their 40's who has been having difficulty finding motivation to get back into the job market after being laid off - over four years ago).  What are some ways you think society should deal with such pressures?

https://medium.com/@nicolehsiang/the-shadow-side-to-being-an-asian-american-over-achiever-94d6eb818147#.oatip6928

1 comments:

Claire Valej said...

I'm Asian and I know a lot of Asian who's struggling the same thing. I believe that age doesn't matter as long as you are able to work mentally, physically and emotionally. You just have to keep going. sharing this link here you might find it helpful. http://baysidecounselling.com.au/

Post a Comment